Happy Hump Day!
I am half way through my work week, and I can’t help to wonder how I get through it with the endless emails, the never-ending phone calls and the constant disruptions! I feel I need a drink just from the first sentence! Welp, I am here to say, it is how you spend the first hour of your day at work is what makes it either good, bad or ugly!
Who wants to have a bad or ugly day at work? I think no one, well let me tell you how to get yourself organized enough to power through any day no matter the time of week!
- Make sure you are on time, not just on Mondays but every other day of the week! The most important is Monday, as it is when the emails are usually starting to poor in from those who check there email earlier than 9 AM. And when your there to catch them, you will find it easier to map out your day and with the latter/tea/coffee already in hand. Limits the waste of time by the Keurig in the office.
- Have a planner, notebook or your favorite stationary to map out your day. The idea of having something nice you like to write in, makes it easier to keep track of the tasks at hand. The objective to writing things down, is that you have an general idea of what your trying to accomplish in the 8 hours that you are there. This does not necessarily mean that you will get in done in the order your wrote it but it will help in keeping you on track on the most important.
- Check your email for what may take the most time, but you can get a jump on it by the time the disturbances, phones and other emails start. You will have a clear idea of what is expected on the project and if you do get interrupted you will find it easier to go back to the task as you have the core down.
- Have a drawer full of healthy snacks that you can grab at any time if you are unable to take a break. This will keep you on track with your other goals and fight off any cravings you may have.
- Take a moment to chit-chat with colleagues. This will see where everyone is and what they plan to get out of the day. It makes for an easier day for the team when everyone is on the same page!
Hopefully, these tips and tricks will help you have an easier start to the day!
Which one will you start to incorporate in your day?